Church Mission Society (CMS): Relief Volunteers Needed
The Church Mission Society (CMS) is keen to respond as soon as possible to requests from some of our partner churches in Sri Lanka, India and South East Asia for suitable Christian professionals to go and work in those places for three months or longer.
We expect to recruit, select, prepare and send people who are:
- community-health workers
- water or structural engineers
- construction professionals
- child-care workers
- community-development workers
- project managers
- psychiatrists and others experienced in trauma management counselling.
Please make these needs known to anyone whom you think might be suitable and ask her or him to contact email@example.com.
CMS will soon have a full report of the needs in Sri Lanka and Indonesia.
We have these specialists visiting our partners and those in the affected areas in Sri Lanka and Indonesia:
- Adrian Watkins, CMS Regional Manager for South Asia
- Rev Dr Pat Nickson, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Garry Ion, specialist on building after natural disasters
- David Hall, who has worked for DFID as a water engineer
Canon Chye Ann Soh, CMS Regional Director and Shin Yong Tang, CMS Regional Manager for South East Asia leave shortly for Indonesia.
Please encourage enquirers to complete and return our enquiry form.
Forms received by 14 January can be taken by the team for consideration.