Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Friday, January 01, 1999

Help Needed: SRI LANKA 12/28-31

48 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi there, I am a 31 yr old American musician/healing arts instructor. I am willing to travel and to help people that were harmed by the tsunami in any way.Please get a hold of me if I can physically come to help in any way. sufi86001@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Charlie Williams Jr

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 47 UK female with 24 years of childcare experience having taught pre school and youth groups catering for children aged 3 through to teens.
I am willing to travel to help in whatever practical way I can.
Contact me

fizzyworld@fsmail.net

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 32 year old man with no special skills except a strong mind and body and a desire to help those who need it. Anything I can do??

Ian Clark

ian_clark99@hotmail.com

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, we would like to offer our help in the areas hit by the tsunamis. I have extensive experience in food service management, have supervised large staffs and built temporary kitchens and cafeterias. I also have an udergraduate degree in health science. My boyfriend was a timber framer and would be great at building temporary shelters, etc. He has an undergraduate degree in environmental science. Please contact us as soon as possible if we can be of any help.
If anyone else has information on helping out in the areas affected please email me at Tarizzo@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Tracy and Joe

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I have a Doctorate of Divinity and can offer my services in any area needed for hamanitarian aid. I am willing to pay my own expenses to, from, and in any of these Tsunami hit areas. I can clean up, load, offload, cook, feed, build or do any needed labor. I am easy to work with. I can also do counselling while being sensitive to the cultural and spiritual needs of a diverse populace. I can be contacted at kevinjvdw@aol.com

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello,
My name is Kevin Duff.
I am writing this letter in an effort to offer my services as either an employee or a volunteer in your aid effort in south Asia. I am available for a 3 month posting, initially, perhaps more.
In fact, I had made the decision to seek employment with a humanitarian organization before Christmas of this year, and had been looking into three different possible career paths, (water, sanitation, and logistics) in my plan to acquire skills that would be in demand for workers in the field.
I still intend on following a course of study to gain skills useful in that endeavor.
I can see that right now, all the organizations that I have an interest in working with are all likely overextended due to the sheer size of this Asian disaster. It seems to me, that it would be appropriate to offer my services to your organization during this time of need. Unfortunately, most of my previous training does not lend itself particularly well to meeting the needs of your organization (in the fieldwork aspect, at any rate). My skills include computer maintenance and repair; I had previously qualified as a Microsoft professional in TCP/IP, a network protocol. I also have training as a commercial diver, and so am familiar with some industrial and rescue operations. Through that training, I was also certified in first aid (Red Cross), And CPR (HeartSaver). I also became very acquainted with hyperbaric first aid, and in dealing with various barotrauma. I have been known for having a cool head under extreme pressure, and operated well under those conditions.
I also have skills in sales, due to my personable nature and I have previously spoken (with a terrible English accent) Quebecois French, and have always found it easy to pick up the rudiments of other languages that I have been exposed to. I will provide to any agency interested, a copy of my resume.
Right now, I am mostly employed as a construction sub-contractor, and can easily and quickly clear my schedule.
I am forty years old, and single, with three children, who live with me about half the time. Family responsibilities are not an issue, as they are happy to stay with their mother, who lives just about two miles from me. (so long as I can make arrangements to see them with some regularity (every 3-6 months), we would be satisfied). I will happily donate 3-6 months of time to this effort. All I would require is shelter (although I have my own tent and camping equipment, and could use them) and food. I am not sure, but if necessary, I can contribute about $850.00CAN to my airfare, but unfortunately, cant go much beyond that, as I have other debts that I would have to settle before leaving on a long term volunteer assignment I am physically healthy, and recently passed an aviation medical examination for Transport Canada (August, 2003). Also worth mentioning is that I do have a drivers license (B.C., Canada, #6580551), and can drive manual transmission equipped vehicles.
I would be most pleased if any organization were to require my assistance, in ANY capacity, whilst dealing with this most terrible event.
I look forward to discussing my skills and enthusiasm for any positions you have available.
Thank You
Kevin LD Duff
Kevinldduff@hotmail.com
250 247 7492

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello,
My name is Kevin Duff.
I am writing this letter in an effort to offer my services as either an employee or a volunteer in your aid effort in south Asia. I am available for a 3 month posting, initially, perhaps more.
In fact, I had made the decision to seek employment with a humanitarian organization before Christmas of this year, and had been looking into three different possible career paths, (water, sanitation, and logistics) in my plan to acquire skills that would be in demand for workers in the field.
I still intend on following a course of study to gain skills useful in that endeavor.
I can see that right now, all the organizations that I have an interest in working with are all likely overextended due to the sheer size of this Asian disaster. It seems to me, that it would be appropriate to offer my services to your organization during this time of need. Unfortunately, most of my previous training does not lend itself particularly well to meeting the needs of your organization (in the fieldwork aspect, at any rate). My skills include computer maintenance and repair; I had previously qualified as a Microsoft professional in TCP/IP, a network protocol. I also have training as a commercial diver, and so am familiar with some industrial and rescue operations. Through that training, I was also certified in first aid (Red Cross), And CPR (HeartSaver). I also became very acquainted with hyperbaric first aid, and in dealing with various barotrauma. I have been known for having a cool head under extreme pressure, and operated well under those conditions.
I also have skills in sales, due to my personable nature and I have previously spoken (with a terrible English accent) Quebecois French, and have always found it easy to pick up the rudiments of other languages that I have been exposed to. I will provide to any agency interested, a copy of my resume.
Right now, I am mostly employed as a construction sub-contractor, and can easily and quickly clear my schedule.
I am forty years old, and single, with three children, who live with me about half the time. Family responsibilities are not an issue, as they are happy to stay with their mother, who lives just about two miles from me. (so long as I can make arrangements to see them with some regularity (every 3-6 months), we would be satisfied). I will happily donate 3-6 months of time to this effort. All I would require is shelter (although I have my own tent and camping equipment, and could use them) and food. I am not sure, but if necessary, I can contribute about $850.00CAN to my airfare, but unfortunately, cant go much beyond that, as I have other debts that I would have to settle before leaving on a long term volunteer assignment I am physically healthy, and recently passed an aviation medical examination for Transport Canada (August, 2003). Also worth mentioning is that I do have a drivers license (B.C., Canada, #6580551), and can drive manual transmission equipped vehicles.
I would be most pleased if any organization were to require my assistance, in ANY capacity, whilst dealing with this most terrible event.
I look forward to discussing my skills and enthusiasm for any positions you have available.
Thank You
Kevin LD Duff
Kevinldduff@hotmail.com
250 247 7492

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Married couple from UK (Ash:24,Lara:22), wanting to offer time and hard effort in Sri Lanka - can work up to a month. Willing to do anything! Have practical experience with children (child protection certified, certificates available request). Also heavily trained in IT, with 8 years professional experience.

No additional languages, just English and Welsh.

Willing to do any dirty work, just want to help.

Please contact: asher@zealio.com or lara@zealio.com
Or mobile: +44 (0)7870 379588

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

21 year old American ready to do whatever I can to help. I would like to be in an affected area no later than mid January. I am looking to help with the long term effort.

witt@ku.edu

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I'm a 21 year old female, and I feel it is very important that I try to help the tsunami victims out in anyway that I can. Obtaining the money to go, shouldn't be a problem...but the length of time would be limited to two weeks tops, though. I've got many skills that would be of use, first aid/communicable disease certified. I've traveled to 4 other countries to do volunteer work. Please contact me for opportunities.
tmilburn9@yahoo.com
Tara Milburn

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 27 year old Sri Lankan-American male who can understand Sinhala and speak it at a rudimentary level. I am willing to help in any way I can for a period of up to one month and can pay for my own travel expenses. My main expertise is in the IT & software engineering field. However, I am physically fit and willing to do manual labor type work as well, such as being part of a construction project. I have also taken EMT classes and have been certified in CPR.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 27 year old Sri Lankan-American male who can understand Sinhala and speak it at a rudimentary level. I am willing to help in any way I can for a period of up to one month and can pay for my own travel expenses. My main expertise is in the IT & software engineering field. However, I am physically fit and willing to do manual labor type work as well, such as being part of a construction project. I have also taken EMT classes and have been certified in CPR.

shanev@gmail.com (helplanka.org)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I'm travelling to Srilanka next week, please let me know if someone looking for volunteer help!...
nalindra@emirates.com

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello
I am a 55 year old operations manager who has just retired, fairly good health, strong both in will and physically and very willing to commit to as long as it takes if help is required in Sri Lanka. I have some experiance in building trade, logistics, people skills, first aid experiance, and basically getting things done. Any area on the island, in any situation, can fund own travel, time is not a constraint for me, I dont want however to be in the way, just to help as much as I can, and being here in the UK does not make me feel as I am doing anything.

Reply to below if this is a resource you need at this time.

John@magiceyedigital.com

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I'm 28 years old and am available to travel anywhere to help with tsunami humanitarian efforts. please contact me with any information. chadskupien@yahoo.com

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi
I & my friends in Bangkok are trying to find a reliable source / foundation, where we can donate our money to particularly help those kids in Sri Lanka who lost their parents because of Tsunami (we would like to support their education)....Pls advise
Kind Regards
Victor (sachayan@hotmail.com)

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

experienced logistics manager co-ordinator 1st aider able to pay own way and expenses
if I can help contact me
steverjones@blueyonder.co.uk

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Two American college students available immediatly for any physical assistance needed in any of the affected disaster areas for 3+ months. Healthy and willing to work hard. Possible assistance in travel maybe necessary. Please e-mail at Jshetter@mix.wvu.edu as soon as possible or call 703-507-6649.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

HI! I AM A 19 YEAR OLD WOMAN FROM UK AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN!!
I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL TO WHEREVER NEEDED BUT I DO NOT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY.
I CAN STAY UP TO A MONTH ANYWHERE.
HOPE I CAN HELP!

CURLYLOO@HOTMAIL.COM

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

my name is Larraine. I was a health educator in the Peace Corps and I am wanting to help in any capacity. please contact me at larrainelucero@hotmail.com.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Christopher Steele. I am 21 years old and willing to help in the countries hit by the tsunami. I have experience in volunteer work, I served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I know Romanian fluently. I am young and willing to do grunt work, and I have a lot of experience in administrative and leadership positions. Please I really want to help, call me at any time day or night, or write me an email. Thank you for allowing me to help in these counntries.
(435) 753-1685 Home
(435) 764-7782 Cell
c_steele21@hotmail.com

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi
I am 23 and would very much like to travel to Sri Lanka to help in whatever way I can. Please contact me at chrismazza123@hotmail.com

Thanks
Chris

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

hi There, my sister is a trained carer for the disabled and ill and she has always wanted to help peaple like this for so long. I am 14 years old and i cant go but my sister can. She gave £50 to the relief and is still pledgeing money now. Her friend Cissario is in sri lanka visiting family in culumbo. I would love to let her do this for a oppuertunity of a life time. She is 22 and has a 7 month old baby but me and my mum and dad would look after her please email me at aidansalter@f2s.com and tell me the words she wants to hear so much
yours sincerly aidan.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

just one more desperate effort to get my sister to sri lanka or any effected area. This would mean alot to her she is willing to do anything there. She does not care how she gets there even if its on a bike she wants and feels the need to go. If you or anyone else can help please email me on aidansalter@f2s.com PLEASE

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Would like to help in any way i can!!!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Physiology. I am inerestd in traveling and helping in any way I can. I think my sciece background could help in some way.

Michael Beliew

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Physiology. I am interested in traveling and helping in some way. I think my science background could be benificial.

Michael Beliew
Beliewmi@msu.edu

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

HI
HOW can I help?? Im C/G Chef trained,Team leader trained NVQ 3 in Warehousing/logistics.ISHO Managing safety,full F.L.Truck licences,basic First Aid,Good handy man can do what ever you my need me for.
Work for Unilever UK and sure they would give me the backing to help where I can.
Please contact me via email If I can help in anyway.
neil.p.cunningham@unilever.com or tizwoz@hotmail.com

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

American living and working in Australia would like to offer my services: International Development - Social Work, Project Management, Grant Writing, Program Coordination, Watershed Development, Youth Leadership, Facilitating Women's Groups, Etc. I am, however, quite willing to do what is needed. I have lived/worked in Sri Lanka for 5 months (Galle District and Embilipitiya area), I would be interested in working/volunteering any area of Sri Lanka where I might be able to assist.
Please let me know.
Lori
litlor@yahoo.com

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Cedric, I am a 21 year old Combat Veteran, i served nine months in Iraq in both combat and peace operations. i served three years ending five months ago. i am willing to volunteer my time to aid the countries affected. I have experience as a leader and as a worker and think i may be helpful or beneficial to your program. I have an expired U.S. passport and need to get it renewed.I ask you to please expedite your response. Thank you and the people of the world are watching how a little compassion can resonate throughout the world. I can be contacted at (310)-800-5901 or SirCedricAllen@msn.com

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, my name is Erin Abrams and I am a student at Harvard Law School in Boston. Before law school, I worked for Save the Children for several years on women's and childrens rights, humanitarian emergencies and poverty reduction initiatives in India and Nepal. I would like to come to a tsunami affected country from Jan.21-Feb.1 on my vacation and assist in any way possible. I have legal, international human rights, and program organization skills, as well as experience working with refugees and internally displaced persons in conflict regions. please email me at eabrams@law.harvard.edu. Thanks.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, my name is Erin Abrams and I am a student at Harvard Law School in Boston. Before law school, I worked for Save the Children for several years on women's and childrens rights, humanitarian emergencies and poverty reduction initiatives in India and Nepal. I would like to come to a tsunami affected country from Jan.21-Feb.1 on my vacation and assist in any way possible. I have legal, international human rights, and program organization skills, as well as experience working with refugees and internally displaced persons in conflict regions. please email me at eabrams@law.harvard.edu. Thanks.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

hi my name is Karl Stivala From Malta. Im 19 years old. im very stong and healthy. i am willing to travel and help as a voluntier in any country that was hit with the tsunami. If there is an organisasion that needs people please contact me. My email is karl_stivala@hotmail.com.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi my name is Molly and I am a 20 year old psychoogy student in the United States who is very interested in traveling aboad to help the tsunami relief effort. My e-mail address is tsarevna84@aol.com
Thank you
Molly

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi there im a 23m degree in politics and global development. Just got back from South EAst Asia and im aching to get back over there to help in anyway i can. STrong mind and body wanting to help in anyway possible!! Just send me a plane ticket! IF anyone can direct me somewhere that could use my help or give me any info please contact me at ethancale@hotmail.com

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I would like to volunteer my time to any area that might need it. I'm 27 and would be able to do a lot of grunt work if needed. I have management and accounting experience. Please contact me at samkillian99@yahoo.com if my services could be used.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

UK based female, 33 and would be available to work for a couple of weeks, wherever required. I can self finace transport. I'm willing to do what ever is needed. I have good admin skill, have plenty of management experience and am strong mentally & physically.
I've got lots of experience working with all sorts of people but primarily those who are marginalised & vulnerable so am confident in providing support & assessing need. I have a qualification (not BAC accredited) in Counselling.
Sarra (sarra5@hotmail.com)

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

44 year old male physically fit can do any thing. willing to pay my own travel expenses to help out in Sri Lanka Can travel mid Febuary - March please contact me. Ch@srfclub.com

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My friend and I were wondering how we could help in the Tsunami relief effort. I myself have been invoved in the construction trade for 5 years, and he is an airline pilot. We would just like to help in anyway that we could. If you have any information on how we could be of assistance, please contact us at, africanflyer@pilot.pprune.com

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Bob. I am a 23-year-old college student who is willing to withdraw from classes if airfare and food are provided. I have no special skills, but I am a hard worker and a fast learner. rhawkin2@kent.edu

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

my name is Will Irvine and i am a 46 year old from Northern Ireland. I would like to help in any way i can by giving out supplies or helping to re-build. I have previous experience in taking aid to Romania. Please contact me at Sherlock9t9@aol.com Thoughts and prayers to all

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello, I am a 35 year old male from the United States and would like to offer my help to the victims of this tragic event.

My strenghts are enthusiasm, charisma, and the ability to help inspire and motivate especially in times of crises. Currently, I am a nationally recognized speaker working with the public.

Fortunately, I am self employeed and have the ability to take this time off to help in anyway that you see fit.

Best regards,
S L Cox

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello, I am a 35 year old male from the United States that is wishing to help volunteer for the disaster relief from the recent tragedy. I am a very enthusiastic and charismatic individual with the ability to help inspire and motivate especially for those who are in crises.

I am prepared to take on whatever responsibility you see fit. My contact information is scox@iapersonnel.com

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I have previous experience working in carpentry and 2years with the Peace Corps as an agroforestry extension agent. Right now I'm a seasonally unemployed wildland firefighter with a lot of time but not much money. Willing to help in any way possible.
muliakiza@yahoo.com

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 59 year old building contractor located in the US. I can do almost anything in the building trades as well as operate heavy equipment. Am willing to give 3 weeks time to help. Please contact Frank Pack at 706-835-5059 or Email me at Ragayle@Alltel.net.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Univ. student in Los Angeles looking to volunteer time (up to 4 weeks, possibly longer) in Sri Lanka or Thailand. American Red Cross certified professional lifeguard (with CPR and first aid). I also have experience building homes and I'm trained in finance, accounting, etc.
I am able to mobilize immediately. I've given money to the relief efforts, but I want to do more. Cancelled a vacation because I wouldn't feel right enjoying myself while there is so much to be done in S. Asia.
I would like to volunteer with a coordinated relief agency. If I can help, please contact me: tsully@another.com

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello,

I am a 26 yr old American willing to help victims of the tsunami. I can pay for my flight to and from Sri Lanka, and am willing to donate 3mo minimum of my time. I have a college education with financial, technical and manual labor skills.

Please contact me if I can help. WRHubbell@hotmail.com

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

if there is any organisation that could use a fit, determined ex soldier in anyway then please get in touch. i am skilled in many areas, and would like to help in whatever way possible. ready to travel in the next 2 weeks.

many thanks
dave

daveydavestringy@hotmail.com

7:45 PM