Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Urgent Appeal For North East Srilanka - Which Is Not Govt Control

Urgent Appeal for Humanitarian Assistance
8000 Dead and 500,000 Displaced in northeast of the Island of Sri Lanka


The Tamils Rehabilitation Organisation is engaged in the task of providing food, medical help, transport, temporary shelters and other urgent humanitarian assistance for the hundreds of thousands of the displaced. However, the magnitude of the humanitarian crisis that we are faced with is such that we need the urgent support of the international community and the generous and immediate support of our Tamil brothers and sisters living in many lands.



12 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

If it would be of use, we are donating 10 free seats
of project management, and time tracking software to charities.

http://www.clockware.com/clockware_cares/clockware_cares_donation_request.htm

thank you,

jake r.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is David Hinterberger. I am a Canadian citizen living in the Netherlands working as a construction engineer. I have extensive experience with urban reconstruction and am willing to leave when and wherever needed to do whatever I can to help. I am able to pay all of my own traveling expenses and will coordinate and bring with me whatever is needed from The Netherlands. Willing to leave a.s.a.p. for up to one month. Please e-mail me as to what I can do. hinterberger@hotmail.com

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello,
My name is Kevin Duff.
I am writing this letter in an effort to offer my services as either an employee or a volunteer in your aid effort in south Asia. I am available for a 3 month posting, initially, perhaps more.
In fact, I had made the decision to seek employment with a humanitarian organization before Christmas of this year, and had been looking into three different possible career paths, (water, sanitation, and logistics) in my plan to acquire skills that would be in demand for workers in the field.
I still intend on following a course of study to gain skills useful in that endeavor.
I can see that right now, all the organizations that I have an interest in working with are all likely overextended due to the sheer size of this Asian disaster. It seems to me, that it would be appropriate to offer my services to your organization during this time of need. Unfortunately, most of my previous training does not lend itself particularly well to meeting the needs of your organization (in the fieldwork aspect, at any rate). My skills include computer maintenance and repair; I had previously qualified as a Microsoft professional in TCP/IP, a network protocol. I also have training as a commercial diver, and so am familiar with some industrial and rescue operations. Through that training, I was also certified in first aid (Red Cross), And CPR (HeartSaver). I also became very acquainted with hyperbaric first aid, and in dealing with various barotrauma. I have been known for having a cool head under extreme pressure, and operated well under those conditions.
I also have skills in sales, due to my personable nature and I have previously spoken (with a terrible English accent) Quebecois French, and have always found it easy to pick up the rudiments of other languages that I have been exposed to. I will provide to any agency interested, a copy of my resume.
Right now, I am mostly employed as a construction sub-contractor, and can easily and quickly clear my schedule.
I am forty years old, and single, with three children, who live with me about half the time. Family responsibilities are not an issue, as they are happy to stay with their mother, who lives just about two miles from me. (so long as I can make arrangements to see them with some regularity (every 3-6 months), we would be satisfied). I will happily donate 3-6 months of time to this effort. All I would require is shelter (although I have my own tent and camping equipment, and could use them) and food. I am not sure, but if necessary, I can contribute about $850.00CAN to my airfare, but unfortunately, cant go much beyond that, as I have other debts that I would have to settle before leaving on a long term volunteer assignment I am physically healthy, and recently passed an aviation medical examination for Transport Canada (August, 2003). Also worth mentioning is that I do have a drivers license (B.C., Canada, #6580551), and can drive manual transmission equipped vehicles.
I would be most pleased if any organization were to require my assistance, in ANY capacity, whilst dealing with this most terrible event.
I look forward to discussing my skills and enthusiasm for any positions you have available.
Thank You
Kevin LD Duff
Kevinldduff@hotmail.com
250 247 7492

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi My name is Linda I am a medical assistant and have been an EMT my license is expired though I am also a professional photographer. I can help up to 2 weeks in January for either medical or documenting by photography I have the camera and equipment to help. I although cannot pay for my flight to help but have a big heart to help those in need. Please let me know if you need me. or someone to contact to pay for my flight.
Email address is lalindaphoto@adelphia.net

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am 20 currently in the US. Undergrad science student with no particular medical/engineering skills but wanting to help. Originally from Malaysia, spent the last year travelling and teaching English in China, India, Malaysia, Thailand. Can speak fluent Mandarin and English and quick to pick up languages. Good with children, counscelling, organizing. I can offer weeks/monthes preferably in Malaysia or Thailand starting mid February. Please reply ASAP to roannliew@hotmail.com

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Sam Stephens and I am a US citizen. I am completing my doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology and I would be happy to offer my skills in this area for counseling. However, I am willing to offer whatever physical labor or help that is needed to assist in recovery efforts. I believe that I could make myself available for at least one month. I would be happy to provide my own transportation. My heart aches for all those affected. Please know there is love and support for you all over the world. Contact me at forensicpsydx@bellsouth.net

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello my name is Jim Earle. I live in British Columbia, Canada. I am a certified paramedic, and work for British Columbia Ambulance Service. I am also a disaster response team volunteer for the city of Port Coquiltam. I am eager and willing to help in anyway that i can. With a week or so notice i could spend 4-8weeks over there. My info is earlejames@hotmail.com
604-626-6780

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello : My name is Devon DeJoode and I am first aid and cpr certified and would love to help in any way physically that I can. I also used to be a Nursing Assistant in a hospital. I am also a Trained Medication Aide. If I can help in anyway physically PLEASE email me.My e-mail address is devon_dejoode@yahoo.com
God Bless,
Devon DeJoode

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello, Teresa form Sealy,TX USA
I too here the call to help the people of SE Asia get their lives back to a degree of normal existance. I have over 11 years in the health professions as a rehab physical therapy asst., psych tech in a hospital and as an Administrator in a 116 bed nursing facility. I so have some exp. in the construction trades and have taught school for ages 5-12 year olds.
Please cantact me if my skills can be of service in any way possible. I can provide my own flight and living expenses for 3-12 mos.
Contact info: thendryx2004@yahoo.com
Love and Light to us all, Teresa

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, my name is Erin Abrams and I am a student at Harvard Law School in Boston. Before law school, I worked for Save the Children for several years on women's and childrens rights, humanitarian emergencies and poverty reduction initiatives in India and Nepal. I would like to come to a tsunami affected country from Jan.21-Feb.1 on my vacation and assist in any way possible. I have legal, international human rights, and program organization skills, as well as experience working with refugees and internally displaced persons in conflict regions. please email me at eabrams@law.harvard.edu. Thanks.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Available to volunteer: Just tell me when and where and I will be there to help. college Educated, available for aprox. 1 month, very experienced in leadership roles, trained and experienced in NGOs. Please contact me soon,
Veronica Maier
earthenisis@yahoo.com

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

divx dvd - divx gratuit - divx player - divx pro - divx to dvd - dvd divx - dvd musique - ecouter et telecharger musique - ecouter musique - ecran de veille a telecharger gratuitement - edonkey - edonkey 2000 - emoticone a telecharger - emoticone a telecharger gratuit - emule - emule france - emule gratuit - emule paradise - emule telecharger - emule telecharger gratuit -

8:57 AM