Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Volunteers Needed In India - NOW!!

VOLUNTEERING IN INDIA.
- Aid India

If you are in Chennai, then we have the following teams set in place
for the immediate relief work:

1. Collection and Information Team: This team will handle calls,
receive donations of money, clothes, medicines, blankets and vessels
and send receipts, give information on the current status of relief
work. This team will also give out press releases, send out email
reports and call for further donations based on the needs.

This is the team that people from outside must contact.

The people to contact are (All in India- mostly in chennai):

Bharati/Manohar/Hari (AID office) 91-44-28350403
Ravishankar (IIT Prof) 91-94440-84910
Chandra Anil 91-9382330752,91-44-28350403
Smitha Kalyani 91-98401-73800
Vibha Ravindran 91-98402-63275

2. Allocation and Distribution: This team will get the needs from
various field locations, sort the materials collected, divide it up
for different locations based on the need and send it to the field
coordinators for distribution.

3. Field Team: In each area we have a team of volunteers who will be
coordinating the relief efforts and distribution of materials.

Please figure out where you fit best, and give us a call. We urgently
need all the volunteers we can get.

If you are not in Chennai, please contact your local city AID office.
15 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Stephanie and I live in Northern Ireland. I am willing to help out in whatever way I can, whether it is building shelters, distrubting or sorting aid etc. I am sure many volunteers are needed in the countries affected in many ways and I am willing to help out in whatever way that I can. Please contact me at stephanie__paul@hotmail.com

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

HI

I am canada, but would like to help anywhere in asia. i would be willing to stay as long as i had to. please let me know how i can do this. i can be reached at starjuliana@hotmail.com

sincerely,
juliana

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My Name is L.Veeraraghavan
I am a Development Consultant living in Chennai
I have been associated with the work of NGOs since 1991 and am familiar with rural areas of all the districts of TamilNadu.
Now I do regular presanction, midterm and post evaluation of development projects.
I am willing to get associated with a network of NGOs for Tsunami relief work in TamilNadu for project assessment, planning, budgeting, programme implementation, funds release, accounting, computerisation, documentation, reporting and coordination.
My email is LVeeraraghavan@Yahoo.com

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Available immediately - up to 3 months. Can pay own airfare. CEO of UK homelessness charity. Used to dealing with distress, trauma,displaced people, death. Extensive organisational skills/people (incl. volunteer) management.

willing to do ANYTHING: manual, organisational, administrative. Driver, all required vaccinations up to date. Tough, resilietn, compassionate and practical!

Contact: Mieke tel. 01767 681908 (UK) or email: mieke.vrijhof@arsenalfc.net

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, we would like to offer our help in the areas hit by the tsunamis. I have extensive experience in food service management, have supervised large staffs and built temporary kitchens and cafeterias. I also have an udergraduate degree in health science. My boyfriend was a timber framer and would be great at building temporary shelters, etc. He has an undergraduate degree in environmental science. Please contact us as soon as possible if we can be of any help.
If anyone else has information on helping out in the areas affected please email me at Tarizzo@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Tracy and Joe

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Peter. I live in the UK. I am willing to help in anyway I can. I have served in the Royal Navy and have management experience. But I am willing to do what is needed. I can cover my own airfare. Please contact at travellingscams@hotmail.com

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

my name is alicia cristina im form peru i just finished 2 weeks ago a course in india and im completelly available for help in any waymanual task , packing ..whatever
contact me ali261172@hotmail.com

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

hi i am from bombay, india and am keen to help out in any way i can. please do get back to me on 09821030466 or dia@diamehta.com. thanks Dia

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello

I am in Germany, I have to finish my studies in January, but I would be available for February 01 to help anywhere in Asia. I can stay for about 3 months and I hope that I can help with all my efforts.

Please contact me hollerdaniel@yahoo.de

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, my name is Sheila Krishna, and I am a premedical student in the US. I am visiting Chennai in January (my family is from Chennai, and most of my relatives are still there) and would like to work with AID India in Chennai during the time that I am there. I am 21 years old, and I am fluent in both Tamil and English. Please let me know if I can help. My email address is krishnas@mit.edu. I will also try to call this evening and speak with someone.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello. My name is Jaras, I'm from Lithuania, I would like to help anywhere in Asia. I can stay for a minimum few months there and pay my way to the India or other place anywhere I need.

Please contact me jaras@legalus.net

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I'm 26 years old and healthy. I want to help, and am currently living in Asia so it shouldn't be difficult for me to reach the affected locations. Contact me if I can assist you.
edanielt@yahoo.com

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi. We're a couple of two canadians (25 years old). We're currently travelling in India and are based in Mysore, near Bangalore (Karnataka). We don't have any specific experience in international volunteering, but we would like to help. We could reach Chennai within a few days.

to reach us, please email at : frederic.plourde@polymtl.ca

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi,

I am immediately available for travel to India from Los Angeles. I have experience building homes, and I am a Red Cross certified professional lifeguard with CPR and first aid training. I am 20 yrs old and a university student with background in accounting and finance. I don't imagine my accounting skills will come in handy, but I am young, strong and energetic with experience building homes for the poor in Mexico.

Please email me if I can help in any way: tsully@another.com

I can be on a plane with 24 hours notice, and I can volunteer 4 weeks. Thanks.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

horoscope belier - horoscope cancer - horoscope capricorne - horoscope chinois - horoscope du jour - horoscope gemeau - horoscope gratuit - horoscope lion - horoscope poisson - horoscope sagittaire - horoscope scorpion - horoscope verseau - horoscope vierge - icq - i love messenger - image telecharger - imesh - instrument de musique - jeu a telecharger -

9:41 AM