Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Help Needed In Karaikal - 2 (With recent updates)

The Pondicherry Government has sought a massive financial assistance of over 300 crore rupees to help rehabilitate the Tsunami affected people of Pondicherry and Karaikal. With more bodies being recovered from the sandy beaches and marshy bushes of Karaikal the toll has crossed 500 with Karaikal reporting 406. Mass burial of 300 dead bodies has been held so far and 50 bodies have remained unidentified.

Source : http://www.newsonair.com/Bulletins/0815.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A set of independent volunteers who are employees of TCS are working in the Karaikal area for the affected victims.

Please contact the Ramkumar to reach out to people at Karaikal.

Ramkumar Sundaram
Mobile Number : 91-9840319030
Ph:- 91+44 5550 3191 (Direct) ;
91+44 5550 3333 (Ext 3191)
Mailto: ramkumar.s@tcs.com
4 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Stephanie and I live in Northern Ireland. I am willing to help out in whatever way I can, whether it is building shelters, distrubting or sorting aid etc. I am sure many volunteers are needed in the countries affected in many ways and I am willing to help out in whatever way that I can. Please contact me at stephanie__paul@hotmail.com

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 47 year old UK female with over 24 years childcare experience ranging from teaching pre school age to youth groups. I am first aid trained.
I am available for a period of 6 - 8 weeks in the first inst. to assist in any practical way I can
Please contact me

fizzyworld@fsmail.net

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Heather - I am planning to arrive in chennai by the end of the week. I am a teacher and a photographer and practical too. I am willing to do anything i can to help. my email is heather.tait@virgin.net.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, my name is britney_pics
from United States
, Hi, very good !
, my web site , my e-mail: britney.webcam.perso@free.fr

3:09 PM