Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Sri Lanka: Art Therapist Volunteer Needed

Ms. Paulson writes to us:

Food For Life Global is currently looking for a qualified Art Therapist to volunteer at Gokulam – Bhaktivedanta Children’s Home in Sri Lanka.

Food For Life Global was so impressed by the level of care at Gokulam, that we have sponsored the home and are working to raise funds that are desperately needed due to the 100 tsunami orphans arriving currently.

On top of traditional fundraising we are also creating a whole new venture: Children Of The Tsunami – Arts, Gifts, and Education. COTTAGE will be a line of greeting cards designed with the art work of the children, with all proceeds going to the Children’s Home. COTTAGE is a project intended to financially support the children of Gokulam, to raise awareness about the Home and to provide the children with an artistic outlet. We hope to facilitate creative art therapy for the orphans, enabling them to express themselves in a unique way.

We’re open to any ideas or proposals, but are hoping for a two or three week project. FFL will provide housing, meals, and all art supplies needed.

Please contact us know if you, or someone you know, may be interested.

Thank You,
JenRenee Paulson
Food For Life Global
jenrenee@ffl.org
3 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello my name is Agata, I would be very willing to volunteer my time to help in the orphanage. I have done a foundation course in art and i have spent time in the wild working with art as a form of therapy, to allow individuals to express themselves soulfully, also to express their dreams and hidden desires or frustrations. I have also worked with disabled children, the elderly and with orphans in Calcutta. My email address is banannapyjama@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Agata

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

illusions d optique - image - images - jeu - jeux - kaspersky - kazaa - kazaa lite - legume - logiciel - logiciels - mcafee - messenger - mirc - motif - msn - msn messenger - nero - nettoyage pc - norman virus - norton - norton utilities - partition - partitions - petit dejeuner - piercing - piercings - porc - postale - postales - poulet - quicktime - realplayer - recette - recettes - repas -

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi I'm a Singaporean traveller now residing in Sri Lanka. I'm keen in volunteering myself in a foundation. I am an arts graduate majoring in multimedia arts and have done arts theraphy as an elective. I hope someone is able to assist me in my search for an appropriate employment/ volunteer opportunity. Please email me asap at rosrokh@gmail.com. Thanks a million.

4:23 AM